Thursday 13 November 2014

Anglo Pacific Brings Extraordinary Triumph Back home from Malta

A year hunting for and 15 automobile viewings later Glyn Williams from Buckinghamshire finally located an immaculate Triumph TR4A - in Malta. Not desiring the long procedure to slip at the last hurdle, he entrusted its shipping to Anglo Pacific.

“The vehicles seen in Britain had been rebuilt, but somewhat terribly, so I wanted to look further afield,” claims engineer Glyn.“As soon as I found the 1965 TR4A promoted in Malta, I arranged up a link with the owner and after a few 50 detailed photographs, scheduled inspections and 2 months of negotiation - we agreed upon a price. It has proved, in the main, to be a superb purchase at a fair price and all I'd like now is some good weather to enjoy hood-down driving with the family. The wettest January since records began has not been kind."

Glyn chose Anglo Pacific to deal with the move as, firstly, its London Headquarters was convenient geographically for him, and secondly, he experienced great confidence after talking with Terry Horsnell, Client Manager at Anglo Pacific, a man who's been in the shipping business for Thirty years.

“Handling special freight such as Glyn’s Triumph, a car he spent a year searching for, is one of the primary reasons I truly appreciate my work at Anglo Pacific,” says Terry. “Not only do I get to oversee the safe shipping and delivery of a distinctive object from A to B, I also get to participate in a very small part in some interesting tales. I'm hoping Glyn gets many miles, and smiles, from his eye-catching ‘new’ classic automobile.”



Glyn is thankful for Terry’s commitment to the role, “Anglo Pacific confirmed to be an excellent decision as Terry has been absolutely 1st class in every respect. His attention to detail and excellent communication maintained confidence through the entire shipping and delivery process. I would have no reluctance in suggesting Anglo Pacific in the future.”

A vintage car fanatic for well over Five decades, Glyn has owned and fully rebuilt several automobiles from pre-War Rileys to T Type MGs and E Type Jaguars to Austin Healeys. His most up-to-date acquisition, the TR4A, is an uprated version of the first TR4 that was released in 1961 - uprated in the sense that it has a superior engine, independent rear suspension and small adjustments to the trim and chrome work.

The TR4A sold well, with the bulk being exported, and currently it seems there are only around Two hundred and fifty of them registered in the United Kingdom, making the TR4A much sought-after and quite hard to source in truly exceptional condition. If Glyn’s investment holds up well and is moderately trouble-free, he will pass the automobile on to his son who's a great Triumph fan.

Glyn finishes, “I don't have any plans to own any other vintage vehicles as I find them very time-consuming and expensive to maintain. However, that does not reduce my passion for these captivating old bits of machinery and my heart even so misses a beat when I see an MG TC, because it was in an MG TC, 51 years back, that my wife and I went on our honeymoon. Such superb memories.”

No comments:

Post a Comment